Thursday 13 September 2012

NOTD - Essence Colour & Go 111 English Rose

In my previous nailpolish post (click!) I mentioned that Essence, a German drugstore brand, changed the bottle and the formula of their nailpolishes series and I was curious to check out the results of that. And voila, look what I accidentally found in my local drugstore during grocery shopping! :) There were only few new shades available so I went with a colour I didn't have in my collection - 111 English Rose. (already loving the name!) As you can see the new bottle is quite similar to Bourjois, isn't it? At first I wasn't a fan but it looks pretty on my shelf!


These photos don't really do justice to the colour, but for me it is a medium brown with a hint of dirty pink and I don't know why, but sometimes this shade in particular lightning reminds me of milk chocolate. The application is easy thanks to a thick brush and it takes just one glide to cover the whole nail. I'm also surprised with the opacity because after one coat I got full coverage! However I still applied two coats just in case (it dries very quickly btw!) and I'm glad I did because here's a downside of this nailpolish - it chipped a bit in less than 24 hours! That's why those who don't like to change the colour of their nails every day will not be pleased. I'm still curious if this new formula will thicken in the bottle as quickly as the old one used to, but I guess I still need a few weeks to find out. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed in the durability but I guess I will try some other shades that are available just to ensure my opinion.


 Did you try out the new Essence nailpolishes? What shades do you like the most? Feel free to comment!
A.

1 comment: